Where to Host Your Next Corporate EventDecember 5th, 2017
Whether a company has five or five hundred employees, each can benefit from team-building and morale-boosting activities outside of the office. Planning these events can be challenging, but there is no need to panic – finding a unique venue is easy. Three of the best, most versatile event venues in Los Angeles have been hiding in plain sight for years, and it is time they receive some well-deserved recognition. The Santa Monica Pier, Getty Villa, and Geffen Playhouse are three unique spots a corporate event planner (or really a planner of any kind) should have on their radar for upcoming events and company parties. Each location has a unique atmosphere and something special to offer.
The historic Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Park not only provide business-friendly features, they also deliver entertainment the whole family can enjoy. Reserve portions of the pier for privacy while using the stage area (and state of the art sound system) for presentations – Pacific Park offers a multitude of l accommodations to meet the needs of any corporate event or company party, this seaside spot is an event planner’s dream.
- With its timeless landmarks like the Ferris wheel and carousel, as well as a surplus of rides and games, the Santa Monica Pier offers something for everyone and is an inclusive environment where colleagues or families can gather to relax and take in the sights, show off their skills, or cheer one another on. Whether its adults-only or family fun, there is plenty on deck (so to speak) to entertain all of your employees and guests.
- Venues like the Pier present opportunities to think outside the box. For example, employees are able to step outside their daily routine, interact with colleagues, and create new, productive work relationships. Furthermore, getting outside and experiencing adventures can spark workers’ creativity which can yield a host of potential benefits for both individuals and the company as a whole.
- The Santa Monica Pier’s Pacific Park offers a variety of contests and challenges which are perfect for team building through group or one-on-one games and friendly competition as colleagues ride, eat, and play together. Few things create lasting bonds like shared experiences, and a company party at the Pier is quite memorable. On top of the ambiance of the pier, it is impossible to miss the breathtaking views in all directions – which happen to be prefect for a photo op.
- Depending on needs and preferences, events at the pier can be arranged to feel swanky and exclusive, or friendly, easy going, inclusive parties. Regardless of your particular event’s level of formality, the wide variety of food and beverages available are sure to satisfy any appetite.
- Dedicated parking and accessible public transit are available for events to accommodate events of any size. As you can see, the Santa Monica Pier is a one stop shop event planners long for.
The Getty Villa is a beautiful and timeless gem tucked away in the cliffs of Malibu. Although families are welcome, private events at the Villa may tend to be more adult oriented due to the fragile nature of the artwork. Classical decor and museum-like features create a quiet and sophisticated atmosphere reminiscent of an ancient Greco-Roman palace perfect for formal events.
- Thanks to its location, the Getty Villa offers stunning views of the coast from the upper windows and balconies, as well as gardens and galleries which are great for commemorative group photos. Sharing appreciation of the Getty Villa’s collection of artifacts and artwork allow for party-goers to strengthen bonds with their colleagues and establish new connections within the company.
- Outdoor theater productions, films, or concerts may be available for viewing in the amphitheater depending on the time of year. Indoor and outdoor classrooms and meeting rooms are also available in the villa for family friendly crafts and entertainment.
- Taking in a show in the amphitheater, or learning a new skill through one of the Villa’s educational programs creates the opportunity for team building among coworkers. An onsite café is available to provide food and beverages, and onsite parking makes coming and going a snap.
- This gorgeous venue does leave some working out of details for the event planner, but all in all it is a unique spot for an unforgettable event.
Nestled in the heart of West Los Angeles, the Geffen Playhouse is an intimate and upscale event venue. With its posh décor and meticulously kept grounds, this location sets the stage for an unforgettable corporate event. Spacious and well equipped, the Geffen Playhouse offers two auditoriums as well as indoor and outdoor private spaces for hosting guests.
- The Geffen Playhouse is a not-for-profit organization, and thus requires that a certain level of membership be obtained in order to use the space for private events, which means not only exclusive access to a unique event venue, but also a healthy dose of interest in the exceptional work the Geffen will be able to do with that charitable (and tax-deductible) donation.
- This unique venue creates the opportunity for colleagues to enjoy the theater, delicious food and beverages, historic architecture, and all this venue has to offer to establish meaningful connections.
- An onsite bar and catering kitchen make it easy to meet guests’ needs and offer a wide selection of food to delight any palate without having to do the extra work of booking outside vendors.
- Whether inside the historic building or outside in one of its garden patio spaces, this picturesque location offers photo ops for guests to create lasting memories. For a corporate event planner looking to secure a unique venue, the Geffen Playhouse is a great option.
Whether hosting employees at the Pier, the Villa, of the Playhouse, the most important part of any corporate event is to consider the experience of guests. Each of these venues holds the potential for an unforgettable day or night out with colleagues, friends, and loved ones. Selecting the right event venue comes down to identifying the best environment for your company, one where strong bonds can be formed. Whether that involves activities that encourages employee participation like riding, eating, or playing at Pacific Park, learning in the Getty education rooms, or sharing an experience in the Geffen’s auditorium, when it comes to options these are three that deliver on every level.